|Benefits:||For full time employees, a choice of medical, dental, 401k, etc. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||Contract Food Service, Non-Exempt|
Do you have experience working in Front of House and Back of House Food service? Are you looking for a better opportunity, a Monday-Friday schedule, and excellent benefits? Apply Now for our Deli/Prep Cook position!
The Deli/Prep Cook employee prepares deli and menu items according to the daily menu. The Deli/Prep employee is a team player while also focusing on serving our customers. The Deli/Prep employee helps keep the work areas neat and orderly in accordance with sanitation guidelines.
- Ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times. Serving customers with a smile.
- Prepare food items according to recipes, daily menus and supervisor’s instructions.
- Take temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities.
- Ensure proper presentation of all food items.
- Assist in maintaining sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule.
- Assist in maintaining coolers including proper labeling in accordance with Guest Services, Inc guidelines
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Culinary knowledge is necessary.
- Knife skills necessary.
- Food Safety Certification is a plus. Strong sanitation habits.
- Ability to effectively organize multiple priorities.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer or refrigerator walk-in coolers.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by co-workers.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees and management team.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, and Utensils