The Learning Specialist will be responsible for basic instructional design work as well as editing training materials and video scripts for grammar, spelling, and content clarity. This position will communicate effectively with GSI team members at all levels, and will track all certifications, trainings, and training compliance via our LMS. The Learning Specialist will deliver field training when necessary and will interface with operational managers to coordinate and schedule training and development opportunities.
- Perform the full instructional design process using ADDIE or a similar methodology, including needs assessments, project scoping, communication with SMEs, etc., with the ultimate goal of creating engaging, effective trainings.
- Using professional and polished written language, answer questions, explain training initiatives, and promote learning and development opportunities to all GSI team members. This includes creating department newsletters, writing course descriptions, and regularly updating the company intranet and LMS with current information.
- Partner with the Training and Development Manager to ensure the successful implementation of all training programs, including special projects and rollouts of Training and Development initiatives.
- Provide program support for all training programs, classes, and certifications including new and existing initiatives both internally and externally. Identify and arrange suitable training solutions for employees across units as needed.
- Deliver effective and engaging live training classes in the field and online as needed.
- Work with the Training and Development team to schedule and coordinate trainings, employee development opportunities, & learning activities across the company. Maintain an up-to-date calendar of activities for the department.
- Administer the Learning Management System and own training data entry, training compliance, certification tracking, and recordkeeping.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills. The ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities is essential. This includes the ability to work independently, anticipate needs, and solve problems.
- Exceptional verbal, writing, and presentation skills in English. Excellent grasp of written and spoken English required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting professionally with a wide variety of people.
- Positive, team attitude with interest and aptitude to learn.
- Experience with rapid eLearning authoring tools (e.g. Articulate Storyline) preferred.
- HTML and Java knowledge preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to travel locally and nationally to units on an occasional basis.
- Ability to read, write, and edit work-related documents in English.
- Excellent speech recognition and clarity in English.
- Ability to lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Presentation equipment (A/V, projector, clickers, online conference system, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.