Guest Services, Inc. is hiring a skilled Treasury Accountant to join our Corporate team. Qualified candidates will have 2-3 years of accounting experience with cash accounting and general ledger. Audit experience a plus!
Responsible for performing various cash, disbursement, and cash accounting activities within the Corporate Treasury function. The role is primarily focused on the General Ledger duties of a treasury department and includes, but is not limited to, the journals for bank accounts; perform accounting functions within the various financial systems, bank reconciliations, audit inquiries, and backup of other core treasury functions, e.g. cash position and electronic payments, as assigned. This individual may be required to provide input to or participate in various projects and will perform other duties as requested.
- Prepare daily cash positions report for distribution to the executives
- Process all cash activity journal entries daily including payroll
- Download lockbox files daily from bank, apply payments
- Process the application and reconciliation of internet credit card payments and fees. Ensure correct posting of entries into PeopleSoft.
- Monthly accrual journal entries for bank service and line of credit fees
- Monitor and reconcile discrepancies in recording of cash over (short) account. Ensure accuracy in journal entries.
- Troubleshoot wire transfers and ACH payment questions; identify transactions that have not processed
- Monthly reconciliation of various general ledger accounts
- Prepare reports for monthly Operators Meeting
- Assist Accounts Receivable manager with various tasks including daily load of AR invoices into Peoplesoft and creating customer numbers for new units
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Work requires knowledge of accounting or business principles and practices generally obtained through completion of a bachelor's degree program in an accounting or business-related field.
- 2-3 years related experience and/or formal training; Competence in applying general accounting principles, Effective communication skills. Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office; internet) required. Proficiency with PeopleSoft preferred.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to lead; ability to problem solve. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extreme attention to detail is required.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for the entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. occasionally, up to 30 lbs. seldom.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp, and manipulate objects.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.