Schedule: Monday—Thursday 9:00pm—5:00am
Job Summary—Night Security
The Night watch will be responsible for overseeing the general security of the barn, the grounds and the horses. Hourly sight checks of the barn and each horse will be performed as well as light janitorial work. This person will report directly to the general manager.
~All qualifying applicants must be able to pass a background check.~
Barn and Grounds Operations
- Ensure barn safety by communicating safety issues verbally and in writing to the General Manager and Barn Manager. Consult with management and instructors on general wellbeing of the school horses.
- Maintain general cleanliness and appearance of the barn, offices, and tack rooms
- Work with the management to fulfill short and mid-term goals of the barn’s greening efforts.
- Report all serious accidents (ambulance is called, hospital or emergency room admissions, or cases where management suggests professional medical assistance), secure a complete accident form (name of horse, specific details of accident and injury, etc.) and current liability waiver on the injured person. Notify general manager (by phone), and other assistant managers (in writing/email). Give all relative documentation to the general manager.
- Fulfill any and all directives deemed necessary by management regarding the barn, and all other aspects of the Horse Center’s operations (including, but not limited to, assisting in any horse care crisis, changes or problems due to inclement weather, barn and grounds cleaning and beautification.)
- Provide the best possible customer service to RCPHC clients.
- Be available to escort clients and boarders to their vehicles at closing.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required; Equine science degree or related field preferred.
- Comfortable around horses
- Works well independently
- Able to interact and communicate well with customers and managers—both oral and written
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.