Are you a reliable and dependable team player with great customer service skills? Do you want to work M-F? If so, this is the position for you!
The responsibility of the Grill Cook is to prepare, cook, and serve food items on the grill and to coordinate with the Executive Chef on all daily and special function menus.
- Responsible for setting up, restocking, and breaking down of the grill
- Responsible for the daily production of meal items and daily menu specials
- Responsible for preparing daily specials, breakfast wraps, hot sandwiches, and sides, cooked and served to order, in a timely manner.
- Follow recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking and tasting, meats, vegetables, and other grilled foods
- Food preparation will include operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding food, and trimming and cutting meat and poultry. Report all malfunctioning equipment to the supervisor.
- Taste food products, read menus, estimate food requirements, check production, and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements
- Control food production to ensure that extra food products be recycled or disposed of properly to manage food waste
- Responsible for cleaning all equipment and utensils used in the grill prep and production area
- Maintain temperature logs and signage for the grill station.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education required; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Ability to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Ability to work in a small, confined work area for the entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.