|Benefits:||For full time employees: a choice of medical benefits, dental and vision, 401k savings plan, and much more|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||Parks and Recreation|
Guest Services, Inc. is looking for a Maintenance person to work at Weeki Wachee Springs State Park.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Must be able to work some Weekends and Holidays.
The Recreation Maintenance person assists by performing all aspects of maintenance and repair work on all mechanical, structural, and electrical equipment and system on assigned locations.
- Receive direction from the Maintenance Manager and assist in the overall maintenance and repair of assigned unit’s operations.
- Lock and secure all buildings and facilities; monitor, activate and reset automatic security systems as appropriate.
- Assist Manager with inventory/security of supplies is adequate for the maintenance of units.
- Clean bathrooms. Maintain all bathroom supplies such as paper towels, toilet paper, soap dispensers, and toilet seat covers.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of facility’s equipment. Notify Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Manage and maintain the cleanliness and order of the inside corporate facility, including light dusting, vacuuming, and window washing.
- Manage and maintain the cleanliness and order of the property, including mowing grass, raking leaves, picking up trash.
- Pull trash from trash receptacles and replace trash bags as needed. Sort recycling for trash bins.
- Respond to and perform basic maintenance requests, including changing light bulbs and moving furniture and boxes.
- Receive and put away deliveries.
- Ability to operate and use various hand and power tools equipment.
- Studies and complies with all applicable government regulations.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record required.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to withstand adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.