Prep cook needed near BWI. Cashier experience also a plus. Monday- Friday, no Holidays Nights or Weekends. Paid vacation, 401k and benefits. Candidate will be dependable, highly motivated and organized, self-starter with excellent customer service skills. Must be US Citizen, Resumes only need apply.
The responsibility of the Prep/Grill Cook is to prepare, cook, and serve food items on the grill and to coordinate with the Executive Chef on all daily and special function menus.
- Responsible for setting up, restocking, and breaking down of the grill
- Responsible for the daily production of meal items and daily menu specials
- Responsible for preparing daily specials, hot sandwich production, and sides to be placed in the hot slide for service
- Follow recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking and tasting, meats, vegetables, and other grilled foods
- Food preparation will include operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding food, and trimming and cutting meat and poultry. Report all malfunctioning equipment to the supervisor.
- Taste food products, read menus, estimate food requirements, check production, and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements
- Control food production to ensure that extra food products be recycled or disposed of properly to manage food waste
- Responsible for cleaning all equipment and utensils used in the grill prep area
- Responsible for kitchen cleanliness, sanitation, and safety in the grill production area as described by the posted cleaning schedule
- Reports directly to the shift supervisor or Executive Chef
- May be assigned to other duties as required by the Executive Chef and shift supervisor
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Work is assigned orally and in written form; individual must be able to interpret menus and recipes, and be able to follow directions
- Good visual and communication skills
- Ability to record information to the culinary production sheets
- Knowledge of industry standards regarding sanitation
- Willing to be cross-trained in other areas of the work place
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Ability to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability, or protected Veteran status.