Guest Services, Inc. is looking for a talented and food-loving Retail Manager to open a new unit with us in Hunt Valley, MD!
Schedule: No Nights, Weekends or Holidays!
The Manager is responsible for all aspects of unit operations and floor management, including staff, food, beverage, equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. The Manager cultivates a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while directing the management team and ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The Manager motivates, instills accountability, and achieves results to drive success in the unit.
• Plan, develop, and direct daily operations. Forecast and analyze sales, labor, and profit; and ensure compliance with established budget. Schedule, supervise, and participate in the operational duties specific to the unit.
• Recruit, supervise, train, schedule, discipline, review, and direct the unit’s management and staff.
• Establish and implement loss prevention procedures.
• Merchandise inventory to maximize sales and profit potential. Direct and implement promotional strategies and programs.
• Maintain accounting records, daily reporting requirement, and cash control. Manage P&L statement.
• Assist in developing marketing and promotional programs, artist events, and public educational materials.
• Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer complaints.
• Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit’s equipment, inventory, housekeeping, sanitation, cash control, dress, and employee hygiene. Notify District Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
• Act as Company’s point of contact with client. Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
• High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s or Business Degree preferred.
• At least 3 years of experience in related management required.
• Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Photoshop.
• Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
• Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
• Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
• Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
• Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
• Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
• Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor/outdoor environments.
• Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
• Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
• Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a sometimes fast-paced environment.
• Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
• Cash register, inventory system, and typical office equipment (computer, fax, telephone, copier, scanner, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability, or protected Veteran status.