Guest Services, Inc. is hiring a Cook with a strong, professional culinary background that is able to cook entrees, sides and soups for up to 200 guests daily! Up for the challenge? Apply here!
Schedule: Monday-Friday; Full-time; early morning hours
~Eligible candidates must be able to pass a background check~
The Cook assists the Chef or General Manager by preparing, cooking, and serving food. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work, enjoys culinary flavors from around the world, and wants to work in a diverse, fast paced environment where respect and teamwork are paramount.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Operate food station, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education required; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Minimum of three years in a commercial environment
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.