The General Utility performs skilled and routine maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping tasks necessary to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the facility. The General Utility is responsible for maintaining a clean orderly attractive public area; and cleaning facility's linen; properly receiving & storing goods; cleaning small wares and food prep area.
- Wash dishes, utensils, trays, and cooking supplies using proper sanitation procedures.
- Pull trash from trash receptacles. Replace trash bags as needed. Clear trash from tables and floors/grounds.
- Perform all Housekeeping and laundry duties
- Clean floor area of any spillage of water, detergent and/or food stuffs per safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Fill condiments, utensils, and other supplies with stock as needed.
- Loading and unloading of inventory from trucks. Stocking storeroom.
- Maintain the kitchen, serving, and dining areas in clean and orderly condition at all times by sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, wiping counters and equipment and organizing shelves in order to maintain a sanitary work station and to meet mandated health compliance requirements.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 35 lbs. regularly, 45 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Works in wet and slippery conditions. Frequently works in a hot and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Industrial Washer and Dryer.
- Cleaning Supplies (including detergents, chemicals, vacuums, mops, brooms, scourers, hand towels, etc.)
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.