The Chef-Manager is responsible for managing the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food in the venue; and directing and supervising the day to day operations in the unit. The Chef-Manager must also provide overall direction within the unit; to achieve operating and financial goals, to ensure food quality, and to meet client objectives and/or customer needs.
- Plan and develop menus, and forecast portion specifications to unit. Analyze and cost food items. Ensure compliance with established budget.
- Recruit, supervise, train, schedule, discipline, and direct the staff.
- Control expenses. Determine food and supply needs for unit. Maintain inventory control of food and supplies.
- Maintain accounting records, daily reporting requirement, and cash control. Manage P&L statement.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene.
- Plan, schedule, supervise, and participate in the culinary work of the unit to ensure proper production, distribution of assignments, and prompt and efficient preparation and service of foods. Ensure food quality standards are met and amounts are sufficient to meet expected need.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary or Associate's degree in food service or related field.
- Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to interact and communicate well with the client.
- Ability to problem solve.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, and Utensils.
- Typical office equipment (computer, fax, telephone, copier, among others). Point of Sale systems.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.