The Dining Services Manager oversees all aspects of the day-to-day management, including food, beverage, equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. In addition, the Dining Services Manager assists in cultivating a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The Dining Services Manager also works towards motivating employees, instilling accountability, and achieving results to drive success in the position.
- Oversee meal shifts and ensure guest satisfaction within the unit.
- Manage the unit's floor and kitchen operations. Plan and develop daily operations, scheduling, supervising, and participating in the operational duties specific to the unit
- Schedule daily work assignments for all dining room and kitchen personnel, assigning specific jobs and spot checking to ensure standards are met.
- Responsible for recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling,
- Respond to guest inquiries and resolve guest complaints.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of dining room area, wait stations, kitchen, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify General Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company's image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Perform opening and/or closing management procedures.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/GED.
- At least 2 years of experience in food and beverage fine dining supervisory experience required.
- Fine dining or club experience preferred.
- Food Protection Manager Certification. Demonstration of knowledge of food safety and sanitation.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils (pots and pans, fryers, stove, among others), and typical office equipment (computer, fax, telephone, copier, scanner, among others).