|Benefits:||For full time employees: a choice of medical benefits, dental and vision, 401k savings plan, and much more|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||Contract Food Service, Non-Exempt|
Guest Services, Inc. is looking for a talented Pastry Cook to join our All-Star Team!
Please note, the interview process will also include a bake test/demonstration
SCHEDULE: 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM, M-F, NO WEEKENDS
The Pastry Cook prepares, mixes, and bakes ingredients to produce all baked food items for the unit.
- Measure and mix ingredients to form dough or batter, according to recipe.
- Prepare ingredients for dessert items. Bake and decorate cakes, pastries, breads, or other baked goods.
- The ability to research new ideas and produce different dessert for specific catering events and promotions.
- Check products for quality and identify damaged or expired goods.
- Evaluate quality of food ingredients or prepared foods.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Operate food station, including completing station checklist, temperature logs, and production sheets.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Monitor catering orders to insure proper production for events.
- Crafting and creating new and exciting baked goods.
- Ensuring all baked goods are completed on time for events and opening of café.
- Arranging displays in an appealing manner.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and oven areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicate and receive verbal communication with co-workers and management in fast-paced kitchen.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.