Guest Services, Inc. is hiring a Seasonal Boathouse Manager to oversee the National Harbor Boathouse, the Ball Park Boathouse and The Wharf Boathouse.
The Seasonal Boathouse Manager cultivates a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while directing the management team and ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The Seasonal Boathouse Manager motivates, instills accountability, and achieves results to drive success in the position. The Seasonal Boathousel Manager is responsible for all aspects of unit operations and marina management, including dock maintenance, boat slips, equipment, rentals, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives.
- Plan and develop daily operations. Forecast and analyze sales, labor, and profit; and, ensure compliance with established budget. Schedule, supervise, and participate in the operational duties specific to the unit.
- Recruit, supervise, train, schedule, discipline, review, and direct the unit\\\\\\\'s management and staff.
- Maintain accounting records, daily reporting requirement, and cash control. Manage P&L statement.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer complaints.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit\\\\\\\'s equipment, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify District Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company\\\\\\\'s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Ensure maintenance of all facilities including docks and grounds-keeping of surrounding areas.
- Create and implement preventive maintenance programs for infrastructure/equipment and comprehensive risk management program, managing boats/vessel scheduling, slip leasing and collections.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor\\\\\\\'s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience management experience. Boating and/or marine related experience.
- Understands rules and regulations for managing a marina, including requirements by NPS, and knowledge of Veeder-root system which monitors, volume/temperature/leaks of the fuel tanks.
- Ability to swim.
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Ability to organize and produce diverse marina programs.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise moves in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes and inclement outdoor weather.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Camping, Marina and dock maintenance equipment.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability, or protected Veteran status.