The Indian Craft Shop in located within the Department of the Interior. This nationally recognized shop represents the work of American Indian artists from across the United States.
We are looking for a Sales Associate who will control inventory input and web store maintenance to come join our team. For more information about the Indian Craft Shop please click here: www.indiancraftshop.com
Under the direction of the Retail Shop Manager, the Sales Associate will assist in all retail e-Commerce sales and direct mail merchandising strategies as well as maximizing online store operational efficiencies to ensure excellent customer retail experience. The position entails inventory entry input when new merchandise received into Counterpoint POS system and photographing selections of the merchandise and posting image and descriptions to the unit's online store.
- Assist with all retail product content and data that feeds the web store including web product uploads and pulls, price changes, content changes, customer database maintenance, new SKU set-ups, web store functionality initiatives, image changes, and HTML content changes.
- Photograph retail items, and post to web store. Maintain and update site to reflect current items for sale.
- Aid in website merchandising and presentation by placing products in appropriate collections and groupings while maximizing online shopping efficiencies and ease of browsing.
- Perform quality assurance reviews to ensure web store accuracy.
- Maintain ongoing communication with unit management to ensure merchandise consistency and best practices.
- Handle incoming retail and web customer service inquiries.
- Monitor, assist with and initiate social media marketing programs (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and blogs ensuring company branding, while updating multiple content and posts. Seek and collect information for reporting.
- All duties of shop sales associates including floor sales, display, cleaning, packaging and shipping, cash register duties, etc., as necessary.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. 1-2 years in e-Commerce and web retail environments.
- Windows based Adobe Photoshop, Excel, MS Word knowledge and experience.
- Strong knowledge of cross-browser environments.
- Knowledge of (or interest in learning) American Indian arts and crafts with continued study to maintain up to date knowledge on artists, materials, and techniques of handmade arts.
- Effective communication and organizational skills. Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to problem solve.
- Superior copy writing, editing, and graphic design skills.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 10 lbs. regularly, 10-15 lbs. frequently, and up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Physical attendance in unit to perform duties. Ability to be in front of a computer for long periods of time.
- Typical office equipment (computers, multi-extension phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Cash register