Guest Services, Inc. is seeking experienced Bartenders to join our team for the Summer Season at Columbia Island Marina!
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, energetic and excited to serve our incredible customers!
Hours will vary based on business needs. Candidates must be flexible in terms of scheduling.
~All qualifying applicants must be able to pass a background check.~
The Bartender is responsible for serving all guests beverages in a fast, courteous and efficient manner. The Bartender must ensure correct billing procedures and provide excellent service to guests, ensuring level of service meets the Company's standards. The Bartender should be able to properly mix alcoholic drinks for guests over 21 years old, as required by law.
- Anticipate customer's needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency. Fill drink and food orders either taken directly from patrons at the bar or through servers.
- Pour, mix, and serve drinks following standard recipes.
- Maintain the liquor, garnishes, glassware and other supplies or inventory for the bar.
- Take payment from customers.
- Check identification of customers who order alcoholic beverages.
- Clean all bar equipment, tools, and supplies. Ensure equipment is in good working order.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Mathematic Skills.
- Excellent sanitation habits.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to communicate and attend to guests with the highest standard of service.
- Ability to pass cash handling and TIPS training.
- Problem sensitivity and the ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 10 lbs. regularly, 10-15 lbs. frequently, and up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced unit.
- Physical attendance in unit to perform duties.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, as required by law.
- Knowledge of cash register/POS system used in unit.
- Bar equipment.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.