Thompson Boathouse Assistant Manager
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Employer:||Boating In DC|
Come work with the amazing staff at Thompson Boat Center for the 2018 season!
The Boathouse Assistant Manager supports the General Manager in all aspects of the center’s daily operations and administrative management, including direct supervision of all non-exempt and boathouse professional staff. The Boathouse Assistant Manager also serves as Manager on Duty (MOD) when scheduled to cover in the absence of the General Manager and promotes the Boathouse, thereby increasing Center profitability while ensuring that its customers have a high-quality experience.
- Receive direction from the General Manager and assist in the overall management of the unit’s operations. Plan and manage daily operations, including performing opening and/or closing management and MOD procedures when assigned.
- Supervise and schedule staff; train new employees; delegate assignments and monitor staff performance.
- Oversee front desk operations and maximize efficient and service-oriented staff performance. Serve as a role model for employees by providing and promoting exceptional service.
- Serve as the point of contact for customer issues; respond to customer inquiries, resolve customer complaints, and communicate issues to the General Manager.
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the manager. Ensure the cleanliness and safety of facilities, equipment, grounds, and courts and verify their good working order. Notify the General Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Verify payments of invoices and billing accurately and resolve discrepancies when appropriate. Make change orders weekly; pay petty cash invoices weekly; monitor sales, resolve discrepancies, and review / prepare daily sales report, WOR, and end-of-themonth sales reports and operating statements.
- Oversee stock and visual merchandising displays; take and assist in controlling inventory. Review all plans and merchandising enhancements with the General Manager.
- Promote the Center through various marketing plans and promotions; develop and implement new client new program ideas to bring in new revenue and recruit new clients.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- First aid and CPR certification.
- 1-3 years of experience management experience. Boating and/or rowing related experience.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
- This is a seasonal, houly position (approx. April - October). Employee is expected to work some holidays and weekends.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes and inclement outdoor weather.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Boathouse and dock maintenance equipment.
About Boating in DC:
At Guest Services and Boating In, we’re crazy about having lots of outdoor fun. We really love having adventures, so we’re excited about sharing the fun with as many guests and employees as possible. We hope that you will consider applying to be part of our team!
Boating In is part of the Guest Services Family. To learn more about us, please check out these websites:
All company positions with Guest Services - https://www.guestservices.com
Positions at our boathouse in the greater Boston area - http://boatinginboston.com
Positions at our boathouse in the greater DC area - http://boatingindc.com
Positions at our Weeki Wachee location - http://boatinginfl.com
Positions at our Everglades-Flamingo location - https://evergladesadventures.com
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.