The Marina Store Clerk is responsible for receiving money from and disbursing money to customers, while maintaining a high level of customer service at all times. The Marina Store Clerk is also responsible for maintaining all cash and sales areas as directed by the Manager.
Schedule: Must be available to work weeknights and weekends
- Identify items and corresponding cost of items and tabulate bills quickly and accurately using cash register, calculator, or other price equipment.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately.
- Maintain cash register and contents within.
- Turn in cash drawer and sales reconciliation at shifts\' end.
- Smile and greet customers entering unit; answer customers\' questions, and provide information on company products, promotions, and policies. Thank each customer.
- Maintain clean and orderly cash station area; stock and maintain sales area with various supplies and products.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness of the retail operation.
- Assist management team with inventories and requisition procedures as directed.
- Receive and verify quantities of merchandise, reporting all discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Report to the supervisor all fast selling items and items not in stock requested by customers.
- Must be service and safety oriented.
- Promote the spirit of Guest Services Hospitality Standards.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- Mathematic Skills.
- Related retail experience preferred.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to communicate and attend to guests with the highest standard of service.
- Ability to pass cash handling training.
- Problem sensitivity and the ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly and 50 lbs. frequently.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor/outdoor environments.
- Working in wet and slippery conditions.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Good physical energy, stamina and agility.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a sometimes fast paced environment.
- Physical attendance in unit to perform duties.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Knowledge of cash register/computer used in unit.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.