Do you have a strong background in sales? Do you enjoy working in park and recreation? If yes, then APPLY NOW!
Guest Services, Inc. is hiring for a Marketing and Events Coordinator to supports the General Manager in special events and promotions.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday; must be able to work weekends and holidays.
The Marketing and Events Coordinator assists the Marketing Manager in achieving monthly financial goals by booking, promoting, and coordinating special events and the facility.
- Develop a strong relationship with client through personable and professional communications to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan.
- Assist in maximizing current key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- Responsible for booking, coordinating, and selling special events and concert.
- Responsible for booking, coordinating, and selling the venue for weddings and parties.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the company brand and the facility operations, including F&B Reservations, the venue.
- Develop a complete knowledge of the company’s sales policies and standard operating procedures regarding sales, and ensure compliance.
- Assist the Sales Manager with clerical and administrative duties.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s or Business Degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in related field.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to travel and work weekends when required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for the entire work day.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for an entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. occasionally, up to 30 lbs. seldom.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp, and manipulate objects.
- Frequent local and national travel required.
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.