Guest Services, Inc. is hiring a Maintenance and Appliance Technician to perform routine scheduled maintenance as well as preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of food service equipment. Must be willing to assist in other maintenance duties as assigned by management.
Primarily responsible for performing Maintenance and Appliance Techician to a variety of commercial kitchen equipment including: refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers and humidifiers. You will be responsible for the following food service equiptment: refridgerators, ice machines, ovens, fryers and beverage equiptment. Maintenance technicians shoul also have all relevant technical training, licenses and /or certficiations.
- Partner with food service managers to offer comprehensive service solutions for commercial cooking, refrigeration, ware washing, and other specialty food service equipment Conduct scheduled inspections of designated buildings and equipment; check and repair equipment malfunctions.
- Complete Performance Checks on commercial foodservice equipment including refrigerators, ice machines, ovens, fryers, and complete beverage equipment preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, installations and removals.
- Make major repairs to electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment as needed.
- Respond immediately and resolve emergency facility needs/issues regarding safety/security/business requirements, including fire alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems as necessary.
- Assist Manager with inventory/security of supplies is adequate for the maintenance of units.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of facility’s equipment. Notify Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record required.
- Ability to understand basic schematics for electrical equipment, plumbing, and buildings.
- Technical experience with refrigeration, appliance repair, kitchen equipment or HVAC
- Ability to diagnose and repair kitchen equipment, refrigeration equipment, and general carpentry.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Relevant technical training, licenses, and/or certifications (i.e. EPA, CFESA)
- Commercial refrigeration and/or commercial cooking equipment repair experience
- HVAC experience
- Self-motivated with the proven ability prioritize and work independently with minimal direct supervision
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit or assigned work location.Bend, lift, carry, crawl, climb, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Willingness and ability to be involved with the emergency on-call rotation that includes nights and weekends
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Climbing steps and ladders regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Basic computer skills.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by co-workers.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Must wear the correct protective and safety equipment at all times.
- Repair equipment. Ladders, hand tools, volt meter, and power tools.
- Company motor vehicles.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.