Guest Services, Inc. is hiring a Prep Cook for our operation in RESTON. If you have a positive attitude, friendly outlook, and driven work ethic then we are ready to meet you.
~Requirement of this position is that you are a US Citizen and able to pass a background check.~
Schedule: Full-time; Monday- Friday, NO WEEKENDS
The Prep Cook assists the Cook by preparing ingredients, keeping the kitchen clean and orderly, and by performing some of the simpler cooking functions as assigned according to the menu. There will be cashier duties with this position as well.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus and supervisor's instructions.
- Take temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-produced waste.
- Ensure proper presentation of all food items.
- Assist in maintaining kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule.
- Prepare sandwiches for, and operate a panini machine.
- Prepare food items for salad bar.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by co-workers.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Candidate must be able to pass a federal background check.
- Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, and Utensils
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.