Guest Services, Inc. is looking for an experienced Marina Dockhand. The Dockhgand will assist with dock maintenance and serve customers effectively and efficiently.
**Candidates must be available to work weekends and holidays as needed**
Qualified candidates must be able to pass a background check.
The Marina Dockhand is responsible for assisting with all marina services offered, quality control, and cash handling procedures; maintains a clean and safe dock area, assists boaters with fueling, and secures guests' boats.
- Fuel boats while maintaining a safe environment, following appropriate procedures and guidelines.
- Pump out boats.
- Maintain Marina maintenance, such as cleaning, weeding, removing trash, organizing, and ordering supplies.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests, while directing customer issues to supervisor or unit manager.
- Assist with docking of boats.
- Identify items and corresponding cost of items and tabulate bills using cash register, calculator, or other price equipment.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately.
- Maintain cash register and contents within.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Ability to swim.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Working in wet and slippery conditions. Frequently working in an outdoor, hot, and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in outdoor environments and inclement weather.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- All dock equipment and materials (gas pump, boats, ropes, anchors, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.