Guest Services, Inc. is looking to hire full-time Baristas for our Cafe in Chantilly, VA.
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday, NO WEEKENDS!
HOURS: Depends on Shifts
~Requirement of this position is that you are a US Citizen and must be able to pass a government background check.~
The Barista brews coffee, tea, and other specialty drinks while providing excellent customer care.
- Greet guests in a polite, positive manner; and take beverage orders. Identify items and corresponding cost of items and tabulate bills using cash register, calculator, or other price equipment.
- Prepare requested drink and deliver to customer.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately.
- Maintain cash register and contents within.
- Turn in cash drawer and sales reconciliation at shifts’ end.
- Smile and greet customers entering unit; answer customers’ questions, and provide information on company policies. Thank each customer.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area; stock and maintain area with various supplies.
- Serve other items as per unit guidelines.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Certified Starbucks Barista Preferred
- 1-2 years of barista cafe environment experience.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits.
- Mathematic skills.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Coffee equipment- grinders, brewers, espresso machines, etc.
- Touch-screen computer or register/POS system.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.