Are you a chef who enjoys a fast paced food service environment where dull moments are few and far between? Are you a problem solver who enjoys facing new challenges? Are you comfortable walking into new environments and not working the same kitchen week after week? If the answer is YES, then this position might be for you.
We are looking for a Floating Chef for one of our divisions. The position is primarily the Washington DC Metro area. This position is full-time including weekends and some holidays.
The Floating Chef is responsible for the successful daily operation of various food facilities based on the assignment at various Guest Services Inc. locations. The Floating Chef will fill in, provide coverage during vacations, assist with handling special projects, and the overall duty of helping our General Managers run their properties effectively and efficiently.
- Assist in planning and developing menus, and forecasting portion specifications to unit. Analyze and cost food items. Ensure compliance with established budget.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, and directing the culinary staff.
- Control expenses. Determine food and supply needs for unit. Maintain inventory control of food and supplies.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene.
- Plan, schedule, supervise, and participate in the culinary work of the unit to ensure proper production, distribution of assignments, and prompt and efficient preparation of foods. Ensure food quality standards are met and amounts are sufficient to meet expected need.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements include:
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary or Associate\'s degree in food service or related field preferred.
- Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to interact and communicate well with the client.
- Ability to problem solve.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.