If you like the excitement of being a leader and like being able to travel to different local facilities, then this is the job for you. Facilities are located in Downtown DC. Guest Services has excellent opportunities for Relief Managers. These opportunities are great for managers who want to become more versatile in their leadership roles.
The Relief Manager is responsible for the successful daily operation of various food facilities based on the assignment. The Relief Manager has the duty of working at various Guest Services locations to fill in, provide coverage during vacations, assist with handling special projects, and the overall duty of helping our General Managers run their properties effectively and efficiently.
If you are looking to be a more dynamic manager, this is the opportunity for you!
The Ideal Candidate will…
• Receive direction from the Unit Manager and assist in the overall management of the unit's operations, including planning and developing daily operations; forecasting and analyzing sales, labor, and profit; and, ensuring compliance with established budget; supervising, and participating in the operational duties specific to the unit.
• Assist in supervising, training, disciplining, and directing the unit's staff.
• Maintain accounting records, daily reporting requirement, and cash control. Assist in managing P&L statement.
• Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer complaints.
• Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit's equipment, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify Unit Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
• Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company's image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
• Perform unit opening and /or closing procedures.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements include:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• At least 1-2 years of experience in related management required.
• Food Safety Certified a plus.
• Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
• Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
• Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.