Guest Services, Inc. is looking for a passionate and excited leader to lead our incredible Boating team to success! Apply here to work with an incredible company with wonderful employees.
The ideal candidate for Boathouse Area Manager is a high energy leader who enjoys working outdoors, has experience motivating teams of 25+ across multiple locations, is savvy with the use of technology to solve problems, has a desire to learn, loves to teach, strives to deliver a great customer experience, as well as some financial management knowledge. This position is situated in the greater DC area as the Area Manager leads and manages multiple non-motorized boathouse sites located here.
- Sets goals for the area, while developing organization and structure. Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates key responsibilities and practices to reporting managers to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Manages through events to keep the boathouses operating to the Company’s standards.
- Reviews boathouse environments and key business indicators within the area to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching to the management team to act and achieve operational goals.
- Develops strategic and operational plans to support execution of division and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results.
- Monitors and manages area-wide management staffing.
- Communicates clearly and accurately to all levels of management to ensure effective boathouse operations.
- Work with local managers to ensure safe facility environments including standards for maintenance and upkeep of boathouse equipment, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene.
- Work with local managers to ensure inventory/security of supplies is adequate for the maintenance of the boathouses.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 3 years management experience overseeing a minimum of 25 employees.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Experience in analyzing financial reports.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to problem solve; experience in complex, fast-paced environments; experience in multi-unit environment.
- Working knowledge of the business processes and system development. Strong customer service background.
- Facilities management experience preferred
- Experience working remotely and managing employees remotely preferred
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUEIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the boathouses. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-25 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environments.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Ability to travel between different units within a geographic area.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.