Guest Services, Inc. is hiring for an entry level Administrative Assistant to help assist our purchasing department.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL…
- Have excellent Microsoft skills, including, but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Office, etc.
- Have an eye for detail
- Have a positive phone presence
- Have an enthusiastic willingness to learn
The Admin Assistant - Purchasing is responsible for analytical reporting, volume allowance tracking, collections, and contract upkeep for the Purchasing department. This person will also be responsible for coordinating day-to-day operations within the Purchasing department.
- Answers phones, takes messages and fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Processes and enters information for daily sales and unit reporting
- Processes accounting documents and communicates with vendors to ensure accuracy
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the unit
- Schedules and organizes requests, under the direction of the General Manager.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated office areas and equipment. Organizes and replenishes supplies as needed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong knowledge of Quickboos, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of accounting, payroll, and some human resources tasks
- Clerical skills including filing and maintenance of records.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
- Experience in foodservice a plus.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Continually interacts with and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. occasionally, up to 30 lbs. seldom.
- Standard office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.