We are looking for customer oriented, marine experienced Dock Hands. you will Assist with dock maintenance and up keep, perform marina service and serve as dockhand. Must be able to swim. This location may not accessible via Metro.
**Candidates must be available to work weekends and holidays as needed**
Qualified candidates must be able to pass a background check.
The Marina Dockhand is responsible for assisting with all marina services offered, quality control, and cash handling procedures; maintains a clean and safe dock area, assists boaters with fueling, and secures guests\\\\\\\' boats.
- Fuel boats while maintaining a safe environment, following appropriate procedures and guidelines.
- Pump out boats.
- Maintain Marina maintenance, such as cleaning, weeding, removing trash, organizing, and ordering supplies.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests, while directing customer issues to supervisor or unit manager.
- Assist with docking of boats.
- Identify items and corresponding cost of items and tabulate bills using cash register, calculator, or other price equipment.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately.
- Maintain cash register and contents within.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Ability to swim.
- Boating experience not required but preferred (boating License required after 30 Days of employment).
- Have the ability to use power tools and lawn equipment.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Working in wet and slippery conditions. Frequently working in an outdoor, hot, and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in outdoor environments and inclement weather.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- All dock equipment and materials (gas pump, boats, ropes, anchors, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.