We are looking for a dependable, energetic, positive, hospitality-oriented Cook to assist with the preparation, cooking, and serving of food in a fast-paced business dining environment. Duties include the set-up and breakdown of serving line, cooking for cafeteria-style as well as catered and fine dining events, ability to work as a team, superior guest interaction and customer service abilities - actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers; cleaning to include dish and pot washing, sweeping, mopping and garbage removal; strong sanitation habits.
**Must be naturally-born USA citizen with ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance**
Schedule: Shift work including days, evenings, weekends, and overtime a must.
The Cook assists the Chef or General Manager by preparing, cooking, and serving food.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Operate food station, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education required; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Minimum of three years in a commercial environment
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.