Are you an auditor looking for an auditing position that is not solely a desk job? Do you like traveling to interesting locations that are not always in an office building? If so, this position is for you!
Guest Services, Inc. is hiring for a Staff Auditor. You will go out into the field to audit our units (locations). Hospitality and recreation/marina experience a plus!
The Staff Auditor is responsible for conducting risk based financial, compliance, operational, and IT audits. They must also be able to perform special investigations involving fraud, thefts, and financial reporting and provide consulting services regarding controls in new systems and procedures under development or being implemented. Work is often performed with little direct supervision and must be performed in accordance with IIA Professional Standards.
- Evaluate policies, procedures, and systems to identify the most significant risks.
- Evaluate the reliability and integrity of information and the efficient and effective use of resources.
- Review compliance with company policies, and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Report results to the Senior Auditor or Chief Financial Officer and make recommendations to management.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience in internal audit, public accounting, or managerial accounting.
- Communicate professionally, clearly, and concisely with all levels of management and staff verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word; Access, and PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resources modules.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Position requires extensive local travel and occasional national travel for site audits.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish duties safely, including frequent movements from place to place within the unit and between different units.
- Must be willing to work on occasional weekends and/or holidays.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Analytic skills to identify risks and opportunities.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.