Thompson Boat Center Winter Shift Supervisor
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Part Time|
|Employer:||Boating In DC|
Are you looking for a Winter opportunity that could continue into the summer? Do you enjoy spending your time by the water? Are you responsible? If your answer is yes, apply now!
Boating In DC, a division of Guest Services, Inc., is hiring for a self-motivated, relaible, and responsible Shift Supervisor to join our team!
To provide supervision of the Boat Center and maintain an efficiently operated site. Assist the general public, slip holders and crew teams. Manage and mentor staff in their daily jobs. Ensure superior customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reports directly to Thompson GM
- Monitor access to the facility by both customers and general public
- Uphold policies and procedures as advised by the members of management
- Assist private slip holders with taking boats to and from the dock
- Responsible for opening and closing of facility at the end of shift
- Ensuring general shutdown and security of the facility at the end of the night
- Be able to answer questions pertaining to the facility and its programs
- Be able to take messages and accurately relay them to the appropriate parties
- Maintain expert knowledge on staff, site needs, day to day tasks, and point of sale systems
- Manage site supplies
- Manage daily reports and reconciling of cash register, including nightly bank deposits
- Coordinating and ensuring breaks for staff
- Ensuring facilities, including bathrooms, are clean and orderly
- Reporting and recording any incidents to upper management
- Operating and ensuring proper use of on site safety launch
- Other duties as required
- Working weekend hours and holidays required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Customer service skills
- Supervisory skills
- Intermediate knowledge of boating such as kayaking, sailing etc.
- Drivers License
- Red Cross CPR, First Aid (can be trained by company after hired)
- > 1 year teaching experience with at least one type of boating discipline such as sailing, kayaking or canoeing
- Life Guard or equivalent
- USSailing, ACA Certifications
- Basic proficiency in speaking Spanish, Portuguese (and/or Hindi for MA locations only)
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL WORK REQUIREMENTS
The work required is moderately physically demanding and requires a medium level of physical fitness. You will be required to do the following:
Activity Approximate %
Standing > 2 Hours 80%
Lifting > 20Lbs. 30%
I understand that this job description contains important information about the job at Boston Outdoor Recreation, Inc I am applying for and that I am expected to read the job description and familiarize myself with its contents.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.