Are you looking for a Summer opportunity? Do you have experience in Kayaking, SUP or Sailing? Do you enjoy teaching?
Boating In Boston, a division of Guest Services, Inc., is hiring for a Instructor who is experienced in Kayaking, SUP and/or Sailing.
Teach beginning and intermediate Kayaking, SUP and/or Sailing skills to customers and junior staff. Additional opportunities to lead small group informative tours on the lake/river on Kayak or SUP or teach SUP Yoga/Fit and Universal Access programs. Provide supervision of the water to ensure safe boating operations. Opportunity to assist with rentals, boating pass members and groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Teach beginning and intermediate Kayaking, SUP and/or Sailing
- Lead and guide clients on an informative tour
- Teach SUP Yoga/Fit and Universal Access programs (depending on location and certifications)
- Assist customers
- Leading/teaching groups of adults and children
- Ensuring safety and supervision of on the water activities
- Manage the registrations and paperwork of designated programming
- Other duties as required
- Working weekend and holiday hours required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Customer Service skills
- Intermediate knowledge of boating, such as sailing, kayaking, SUP, etc.
- At least one year teaching experience with at least one type of boating discipline such as sailing, kayaking, canoeing, etc.
One of the following will be required depending on the discipline you are teaching
- American Canoe Association Level 1 (minimum) Certifications Kayak or SUP (can be trained by company upon hire)
- National Fitness Certification minimum AFAA or YOGA certification
- American Canoe Association Tour Guide Kayak or Stand Up Paddle
- US Sailing Level 1
- Drivers License
- Red Cross CPR , First Aid
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS
The work required is moderately physically demanding and requires a medium level of physical fitness. You will be required to do the following:
Activity Approximate %
Standing > 2 Hours 80%
Lifting > 20Lbs. 30%
I understand that this job description contains important information about the job at Boston Outdoor Recreation, Inc I am applying for and that I am expected to read the job description and familiarize myself with its contents.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.