Are you looking for a new seasonal opportunity? Do you have a passion for operations? Do you enjoy guiding groups of campers and team member to a summer of fun and excitement? If your answer is yes, then this is for you!
Boating in Boston, a division of Guest Services, Inc., is hiring for a responsible, passionate, and work ethic driven Summer Camp Director to lead the program, while ensuring all the fun and excitement.
To further the mission of Boating is Fun Camp through the development and management of all camp functions.
Camp Director reports to the Operations Director.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Determine staffing requirements
- Hire and train new staff
- Supervise direct reporting staff according to overall company policy
- Set employee goals and objectives
- Develop the Boating is Fun lesson plans and staff training
- Provide personal guidance to campers, counselors by leading by example, leadership and compassion.
- Be involved with all camp activities and meetings
- Be alert to the health and safety of all campers and staff
- Answer camp emails, phones and other questions as directed
- Maintain positive relationships with parents making an effort to communicated with them multiple times during the week
- Other duties as required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Proficient in relevant software applications
- Customer Service skills
- Intermediate knowledge of boating such as kayaking, sailing, etc.
- 2 weeks of full time administrative experience in an organized camp or related program
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 8 weeks of full time experience working with 6-15 year olds
- USSailing, ACA Certifications preferred.
- Basic proficiency in speaking Spanish, Portuguese (and/or Hindi for
- MA locations only) preferred.
- WSI Instructor or Lifeguard trainer preferred
- CPR/First Aid Trainer preferred
- Drivers License
- Red Cross CPR, First Aid, Lifeguard or Equivalent
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS
The work required is moderately physically demanding and requires a medium level of physical fitness. You will be required to do the following:
Activity Approximate %
Standing > 2 Hours 80%
Lifting > 20Lbs. 30%
I understand that this job description contains important information about the job at Boston Outdoor Recreation, Inc I am applying for and that I am expected to read the job description and familiarize myself with its contents.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.