Are you looking for a Summer opportunity? Are you responsible? Do you enjoying spending time by the waters?
Boating in Boston, a division of Guest Services, Inc., is hiring for a responsible and caring Camp Counselor.
To provide supervision of the water to ensure safe boating operations. Teach beginning and intermediate boating skills to campers and junior staff.
Camp Director or Assistant Camp Director
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Teach beginning and intermediate boating skills
- Leading games and activities
- Leading/teaching groups children
- Supervising of children ages 8 - 15
- Supervision of on-the-water activities
- Working week day hours. Weekend hours might also be required
- Other duties as required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Customer Service and Leadership skills
- Intermediate knowledge of boating such as kayaking, sailing etc.
- 1 year teaching experience with at least one type of boating discipline such as sailing, kayaking, SUP, or canoeing preferred
- USSailing, ACA Certifications preferred
- Basic proficiency in speaking Spanish, Portuguese (and/or Hindi for MA locations only) preferred
- Drivers License
- Red Cross CPR, First Aid, Lifeguard or Equivalent
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS
The work required is moderately physically demanding and requires a medium level of physical fitness. You will be required to do the following:
Activity Approximate %
Standing > 2 Hours 80%
Lifting > 20Lbs. 30%
I understand that this job description contains important information about the job at Boston Outdoor Recreation, Inc I am applying for and that I am expected to read the job description and familiarize myself with its contents.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.