Are you looking for a Summer opportunity? Are you responsible? Do you enjoying spending time by the waters?
Boating in Boston, a division of Guest Services, Inc., is hiring for a responsible and caring Camp Counselor.
JOB SUMMARY: To provide supervision of the water to ensure safe boating operations. Teach beginning and intermediate boating skills to campers and junior staff.
REPORTS TO: Camp Director or Assistant Camp Director
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Teach beginning and intermediate boating skills
- Leading games and activities
- Leading/teaching groups children
- Supervising of children ages 8 - 15
- Supervision of on-the-water activities
- Working week day hours. Weekend hours might also be required
- Other duties as required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Customer Service and Leadership skills
- Intermediate knowledge of boating such as kayaking, sailing etc.
- 1 year teaching experience with at least one type of boating discipline such as sailing, kayaking, SUP, or canoeing preferred
- USSailing, ACA Certifications preferred
- Basic proficiency in speaking Spanish, Portuguese (and/or Hindi for MA locations only) preferred
- Drivers License
- Red Cross CPR, First Aid, Lifeguard or Equivalent
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS
The work required is moderately physically demanding and requires a medium level of physical fitness. You will be required to do the following:
Activity Approximate %
Standing > 2 Hours 80%
Lifting > 20Lbs. 30%
I understand that this job description contains important information about the job at Boston Outdoor Recreation, Inc I am applying for and that I am expected to read the job description and familiarize myself with its contents.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.