Are you looking for a new seasonal opportunity? Do you enjoy guiding groups of campers and team member to a summer of fun and excitement? Do you enjoy being outdoors? If your answer is yes, then this is for you!
Boating in Boston, a division of Guest Services, Inc., is hiring for a Assistant Summer Camp Director to our team.
The Assistant Summer Camp Director is responsible for staff training, camper and counselor supervision, and supporting the Camp Director.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Determine staffing requirements, help hire, and train
- Assist with development of lesson plans and staff training
- Provide personal guidance to campers, counselors by leading by example, leadership and compassion.
- Be involved with all camp activities and meetings
- Be alert to the health and safety of all campers and staff
- Answer camp emails, phones and other questions as directed
- Support Camp Director in management of camp registration software
- Maintain positive relationships with parents making an effort to communicated with them multiple times during the week
- Other duties as required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Proficient in relevant software applications
- Customer Service skills
- Intermediate knowledge of boating such as kayaking, sailing etc.
- 2 weeks of full time administrative experience in an organized camp or related program
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 8 weeks of full time experience working with 8-15 year oldS
- USSailing, ACA Certifications preferred
- Basic proficiency in speaking Spanish, Portuguese (and/or Hindi for MA locations only) preferred
- WSI Instructor or Lifeguard trainer preferred
- CPR/First Aid trainer preferred
- Drivers License
- Red Cross CPR, First Aid, Lifeguard or Equivalent
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS
The work required is moderately physically demanding and requires a medium level of physical fitness. You will be required to do the following:
Activity Approximate %
Standing > 2 Hours 80%
Lifting > 20Lbs. 30%
I understand that this job description contains important information about the job at Boston Outdoor Recreation, Inc I am applying for and that I am expected to read the job description and familiarize myself with its contents.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.