The Instructional Designer will develop innovative learning materials, and creatively design effective training materials, tools, modules, courses, programs, and curricula. The ID will assess the efficacy of existing training programs and assess company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives, recommending and making appropriate changes. Additionally, this role will be responsible for implementing training evaluations to assess and continually improve the quality learning offerings. The ID will also be responsible for assisting with training coordination and training audits as needed.
- Apply principles of adult education and instructional design to develop and design instructor-led, self-paced, and technology-based training materials, tools, modules, courses, and curricula, in collaboration with SMEs and others.
- Conduct follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results; modify programs as needed; develop effective training, testing, and evaluation materials utilizing a variety of media.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs), management, and others to design and conduct needs assessments of system strengthening needs and competency gaps.
- Apply principles of adult education and instructional design to revise existing curricular materials, in collaboration with subject matter experts and others. Advise staff on appropriate delivery methods based on learner needs.
- Apply principles of instructional design to determine needs, identify options, and formulate strategies to improve the quality/effectiveness of training materials. Propose relevant changes in accordance with the principles of adult learning.
- Contribute to the design and development of guidelines, handbooks, checklists and other supporting material for training programs and courses.
- Provide expert advice to develop an overall strategy for needs assessment and the design, development, delivery and evaluation of training materials.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Instructional design knowledge and adult learning theory knowledge.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- E-learning knowledge required. Adobe Captivate knowledge preferred. LMS experience preferred.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements. .
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. regularly, up to 35 lbs. occasionally.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Presentation equipment (A/V, projector, online conference system).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.