The cafe expeditor ensures quality and proper presentation of food in a timely manner; that food orders are prepared and assembled quickly according to recipes and procedures to avoid waste; and that the line is always stocked, neat, clean and safe.
SCHEDULE: Must be available Sundays. Must be able to work a flexible schedule. Hours change seasonally. Prior restaurant experience required.
- Read tickets and prepare, to order, all food items following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits (8-10 minutes at lunch; 10-12 minutes at dinner). Prepare recipes and plate presentations, correctly set up according to tickets.
- Prepare assigned food items. Wash and clean raw food products. Peel, dice, shred and slice food products using electric equipment.
- Measure and assemble ingredients and cook items according to recipes and menu specifications. Grill, deep fry, bake, broil and microwave raw and prepped foods.
- Maintain cooking line in a clean, sanitary and safe manner. Complete daily/weekly cleaning and maintenance of equipment. Maintain personal health and sanitation standards.
- Stock/restock items on line according to specifications.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Time Management.
This job entails frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity and extreme cold. There is also frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood and produce items.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and stand. The employee is frequently required to reach, bend, stoop, shake, stir, pour, carry, push and lift objects up to 75 pounds. There is substantial repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and fingers.
- One year of prior restaurant experience.
~Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.~
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.