Guest Services, Inc. is hiring a Full-Time General Labor who is dependable, self-motivated, and hard-working to join our facility division.
This position requires that applicants have a valid drivers license with a clean driving record.
~Qualified applicants must be able to pass a background check.~
With supervision, the General Labor assist by performing routine maintenance and repair work on all mechanical, structural, and electrical equipment, and provide facilities support in the proper maintenance of the building and ground.
- Receive direction from the Maintenance Manager and assist in the overall routine maintenance and repair of the assigned unit’s operations.
- Assist in repairs to electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment as needed.
- Light replacement as needed.
- Clean carpets at facilities as needed.
- Exterior grounds maintenance.
- Seasonal snow removal and landscaping as needed.
- Assist Manager with inventory/security of supplies is adequate for the maintenance of units.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of facility’s equipment. Notify Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Lock and secure all buildings and facilities; monitor, activate and reset automatic security systems as appropriate.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record required.
- Ability to understand basic schematics for electrical equipment, plumbing, and buildings.
- Ability to diagnose and repair kitchen equipment, refrigeration equipment, and general carpentry.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit or assigned work location. Bend, lift, carry, crawl, climb, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Climbing steps and ladders regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Basic computer skills.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by co-workers.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Must wear the correct protective and safety equipment at all times.
- Repair equipment. Ladders, hand tools, volt meter, and power tools.
- Company motor vehicles.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.