We are looking for a dependable, energetic, positive, hospitality-oriented First Cook to assist with the preparation, cooking, and serving of food in a fast-paced business dining environment. The cook would prepare made-to-order dishes for a dinner service in a cafe.
Schedule: Monday - Thursday 11:00 AM- 8:00 PM and Friday 11:00 AM- 4:00 PM
The First Cook assists the Chef or General Manager by preparing, cooking, and serving food.The Cook at this location prepares dinner entrees fresh and in front of the customer in a business dining facility.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Operate food station, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education required; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.