Staff Accountant - Fixed Assets
|Benefits:||For full time employees: a choice of medical benefits, dental and vision, 401k savings plan, and much more.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
We are hiring a staff accountant that has experience with fixed assets and depreciation. Tax a plus! If you are an accountant that has this experience, this position is for you!
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day processing of all accounting activities related to property and equipment located in departments throughout the company. The Staff Accountant will report to the Accounts Payable Manager but will work closely with other people within the organization. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, able to work effectively in a team environment, and demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Track the Company’s capital expenditures against approved capital expenditure requests.
- Ensure compliance with Company capitalization policies.
- Reconcile fixed asset general ledger accounts.
- Prepare capital budget and related budgeted depreciation.
- Prepare property tax returns for assigned jurisdictions.
- Provide assistance and regularly respond to fixed asset inquiries.
- Maintain tax knowledge pertaining to fixed assets and ensure Company is in compliance.
- Maintain accounts payable knowledge as applicable to fixed assets and ensure compliance with payment procedures.
- Manage the interface and processes from the fixed assets subsidiary ledger to the general ledger, including reconciliations between the system modules. Provide fixed asset functional expertise to assist with identification and resolution of system issues.
- Research, analyze and resolve fixed asset issues.
- Prepare audit schedules and resolve audit issues identified by auditors.
- Prepare and record all journal entries related to fixed assets.
- Prepare required monthly and quarterly reports and other reports as requested by management.
- Assist tax department by preparing tax reconciliations related to fixed assets.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Maintain and update documentation of all fixed asset processes.
- Provide monthly financial assistance to assigned divisions by assisting managers with identifying and explaining potential issues with financial statements.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and special projects as requested.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 2-3 years related experience and/or formal training in fixed asset accounting.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials or similar software.
- Competence in applying general accounting principles.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.