Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you have strong organizational skills? Are you a payroll guru and comfortable with manual processes? If so this position is for you!
Guest Services, Inc. is hiring a Payroll Manager to join our Accounting Team at our Corporate office in Fairfax, VA.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for overseeing the Payroll Office to ensure timely preparation and accurate payroll, overhead and related benefits in compliance with appropriate federal and state withholding regulations and in accordance with the Company’s internal controls; also ensures the Company is up to date on payroll related tax changes and regulations.
- Responsible for processing of biweekly payroll. Ensures timely and accurate preparation of all payroll operations and works closely with the Human Resources Office to ensure that payroll actions are in conformance with employment and benefits practices and accounting procedures.
- Oversee preparation of all federal and state payroll tax reports, including quarterly and year-end returns; determines taxability of non-wage payments and serves as in-house contact for technical tax compliance issues.
- Process employment tax payments. Handle federal and state agency audits and maintains close contact with APA, IRS, SSA, DOL and other regulatory agencies to ensure that the Institution has accurate information and is in compliance.
- Responsible for vendor set up & maintenance, check distribution, research and reconciliations related to Payroll.
- Monitor personal use of company owned vehicles and vehicle allowances given to employees. Prepare quarterly statements to individuals. Submit Summary of Earnings adjustments to payroll for inclusion with W-2's.
- Maintain all payroll records, reports, computations and audits, including periodic internal audit tests of labor utilization; works closely with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with relevant tax laws and government regulations.
- Interface routinely with Human Resources on employee benefits issues (deductions, retirement payments, COBRA, etc.) to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Work closely with Information Technology on developing payroll applications that ensure internal controls and facilitate the implementation and maintenance of payroll master files.
- Provide periodic analysis of payroll and disbursement records to ensure that adjustments are in accord with management's criteria.
- Manage and train Payroll Office staff and operations; provide on-going assistance to employees in tax-related payroll matters.
- Process Quarterly employment returns, process W-2’s, maintain payroll files.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE •
- Work requires general knowledge of accounting or business principles and practices generally obtained through completion of a Bachelor's degree program in an accounting or business-related field.
- 5-7 years related experience and/or formal training; working in an office environment. Competence in applying general accounting principles and coordination of major administrative functions.
- Effective communication skills. Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to problem solve. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook) required. Proficiency with PeopleSoft preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work under time constraints.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for the entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. occasionally, up to 30 lbs. seldom.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp, and manipulate objects.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.