We are hiring for a Director of Human Resources during an exciting time in our company. We have just celebrated a milestone and ready to move forward with the next! If you want to work for an evolving and growing company we are that company. Apply now!
The Director of Human Resources works with the Vice President of HR to help the Company achieve its strategic goals through innovative and effective human resource initiatives, while providing consultative generalist HR guidance to the Company management and leadership. The Director of HR directs and supervises the work of the HR management specialists for daily HR operations and strategic projects and works with various levels and departments of the Company in developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs to improve the alignment of the workforce with Company objectives.
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities and staff of the HR department, including employee and labor relations; compensation and analysis; employee benefits; organizational development and training; recruitment, selection, and retention; legal compliance with federal, state, and local laws; and risk management.
- At the direction of the Vice President of HR, develop and implement HR strategic and functional programs.
- Research and recommend best-practice HR initiatives, policies and procedures for the Company.
- Communicate with and advise Company managers on all HR matters in the best interest of the Company and its workforce. Work involves the application of general professional HR expertise and personal judgment to a variety of technical personnel and managerial issues.
- Lead and ensure highest level of quality to the quarterly and annual HR processes, including performance review and merit increase administration, budget development, metrics and compliance reports.
- Review and authorize Corrective Action procedures, approve terminations, and ensure legal and policy compliance. Respond to charges from federal and state departments of labor, and assist General Counsel in other legal HR matters.
- Represent the Company in employee and labor events, including union negotiations, collective bargaining processes, and grievance procedures. Monitor compliance with labor agreements.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources preferred.
- PHR certification required; SPHR certification preferred.
- A minimum of seven years of Human Resources Generalist experience and HR management experience of at least four years required, with strong proven record of delivery results.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Strong experience with Human Resources Information Systems required; experience with testing and implementing new HR technology preferred.
- Bilingual a plus. Spanish preferred
Physical, Mental, and Emotional Requirements
- Must be able to sit or stand at a desk and use a computer and telephone for an entire workday.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English. English speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by employees in English.
- Physical presence in the corporate office is required daily. Be able to travel independently (locally and nationally) when needed.
- Ability to lift, carry, and push up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting positively with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively manage staff and organize and accomplish multiple priorities; learn and develop new skills; speak publicly; interpret data; use sound judgment in making decisions; and maintain confidentiality.
- Conflict resolution skills, empathy, and creative problem-solving required.
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
The company offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
The company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.