Guest Services, Inc. is hiring for a Business Development Manager focusing on BNI - Food Service with commercial and government/military experience.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the identification, realization and development of attractive growth and client opportunities within the private industry market.
- Locate new opportunities by identifying prospective clients through networking, mailings, emails and phone calls.
- Establish client development. Identify, build, and manage long-term relationships with strategic clients in the food service management market. Initiate and complete proposals, presentations, terms and conditions, negotiations and execution for the acquisition of new clientele.
- Conduct opportunity assessment, market evaluation, market research, financial evaluation, and other marketing needs.
- Conduct New Business Development. Identify and evaluate specific business opportunities. Work with operations management to identify and evaluate new markets.
- Follow the RFP protocol process including soliciting RFP's from desirable prospective clients and writing proposals for new business; participate in planning and presentation sessions, when assigned.
- Attend trade shows and conferences where prospective clients participate in order to introduce Guest Services and its capabilities.
- Work closely with Marketing to develop collateral material necessary for an effective sales strategy.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Work requires general knowledge of sales principles and practices generally obtained through completion of a Bachelor's degree program in a business-related field. MBA highly preferred.
- 7-10 years related experience and/or formal training, preferably from a similar corporate entity to Guest Services. Strong customer orientation and grasp of marketing fundamentals.
- Effective communication and organizational skills. Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to problem solve.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, In Design) required.
- Superior strategy and financial skills. Strong leadership and partnership development (including negotiation) capabilities.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel locally and nationally on a frequent basis.
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for the entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees and current and potential clients.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. occasionally, up to 30 lbs. seldom.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.