Are you looking for a new opportunity? Do you enjoy spending your time by the water? Are you responsible? If your answer is yes, apply now!
Boating In DC, a division of Guest Services, Inc., is hiring for a self-motivated, relaible, and responsible Shift Supervisor to join our team!
To provide supervision of the waterfront and ensure safe boating operations. To maintain an efficiently operated site. Assist with hourly rentals, boating pass members and groups. Manage and mentor staff in their daily jobs. Ensure superior customer service to renters. This position is for the 5 boating locations in the Georgetown/DC area: Thompsons (5:30am start) Boat Center, Key Bridge Boathouse, Fletchers Boathouse, Ballpark Boathouse, and National Harbor.
- Ensuring superior customer service to often long lines and crowded facilities
- Maintain expert knowledge on staff, site needs, day to day tasks, and point of sale systems
- Manage site supplies
- Supervision of on the water activities and enforcer of emergency action plans when needed
- Manage daily reports and reconciling of cash register, including nightly bank deposits
- Coordinating and ensuring breaks for staff
- Ensuring facilities, including bathrooms, are clean and orderly
- Reporting and recording any incidents to upper management
- Operating and ensuring proper use of on site safety launch
- Other duties as required
- Working weekend hours and holidays required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Customer service skills
- Supervisory skills
- Intermediate knowledge of boating such as kayaking, sailing etc.
- At Least 1 year teaching experience with at least one type of boating discipline such as sailing, kayaking or canoeing USSailing, ACA Certifications
- Drivers License
- Red Cross CPR, First Aid (can be trained by company after hired), Life Guard or equivalent
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The work required is moderately physically demanding and requires a
medium level of physical fitness. You will be required to do the following:
Activity Approximate %
- Standing > 2 Hours 80%
- Lifting > 20Lbs. 30%
- Twisting 10%
- Kneeling 10%
- Swimming 5%
- Squatting 10%
I understand that this job description contains important information about
the job at Boston Outdoor Recreation, Inc I am applying for and that I am
expected to read the job description and familiarize myself with its
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.