Are you looking for a new opportunity? Are you responsible? Do you enjoying spending time by the waters?
Boating In DC, a division of Guest Services, Inc., is hiring for a Dock Staff and Cashier.
To assist rental customers and boating season pass members in and out of kayaks, canoes, pedal boats. Assist in supervision of the water to ensure safe boating operations. This position is for National Harbor boating locations in the MD/DC area.
- Provide superior customer service to all customers
- Assisting customers in and out of boats
- Operating the point of sale system for customer check in/check out
- Site and boat cleaning / maintenance
- Supervision of on the water activities
- Setup and assist instructors with groups
- Other duties as required
- Working weekend and holiday hours required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Red Cross CPR and First Aid or Equivalent (can be trained bycompany after hired)
- Customer Service skills
- Basic knowledge of boating such as kayaking, sailing (MA only) etc.
- Listening Skills
- Teaching Skills
- USSailing, ACA Certifications
- Drivers License
- Red Cross CPR, First Aid or Equivalent
- Lifeguard Certification
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The work required is moderately physically demanding and requires a
medium level of physical fitness. You will be required to do the following:
Activity Approximate %
- Standing > 2 Hours 80%
- Lifting > 20Lbs. 30%
- Twisting 10%
- Kneeling 10%
- Swimming 5%
- Squatting 10%
I understand that this job description contains important information about
the job at DC Outdoor Recreation, Inc I am applying for and that I am
expected to read the job description and familiarize myself with its
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.