Are you looking for a great opportunity to combine your culinary and training skills and take them to the next level? If so, this position is for you.
Guest Services, Inc. is looking to hire a experienced Chef who has experience with training and rolling out new menus.
~All qualified candidate must be able to pass a federal background check and US Citizen.~
The Chef will be working with our Corporate Chef to train and roll-out new menu items to one of our Marquee accounts. This is a 15 location account in the Northern, VA. The chef will work between Guest Services corporate headquarters and the clients' sites. You will be working with other Guest Services Chefs and cooks to ensure proper delivery of the new menus. The Chef must also ensure food quality and safety, and to meet client objectives and/or customer needs.
- Roll-out and train on develop menus, and forecast portion specifications to unit. Analyze and cost food items. Ensure compliance with established budget.
- Control expenses. Determine food and supply needs for unit. Maintain inventory control of food and supplies.
- Maintain accounting records, daily reporting requirement, and cash control. Manage P&L statement.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene.
- Plan, schedule, supervise, and participate in the culinary work of the unit to ensure proper production, distribution of assignments, and prompt and efficient preparation and service of foods. Ensure food quality standards are met and amounts are sufficient to meet expected need.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary or Associate's degree in food service or related field.
- Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to interact and communicate well with the client.
- Ability to problem solve.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, and Utensils.
- Typical office equipment (computer, fax, telephone, copier, among others). Point of Sale systems.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.