Guest Services, Inc. is hiring a Receptionist to support the HR department. We have just reached our 100 year anniversary and are excited to start the next century of business.
We are looking for a candidate who has a welcoming phone presence, attention to detail and organized.
The Receptionist answers phone calls and responds to inquiries made to the HR department and provides overall administrative support to the Human Resources staff. The Receptionist assist with hire paperwork, including verifying employment authorization through E-Verify and confirming data accuracy in the HRIS.
- Answer phones for Human Resources main line by fielding/answering questions. Serve as back-up Corporate Receptionist.
- Support and assist managers with questions regarding employment forms and records.
- Process hire paperwork including E-Verify employment authorization and approve hires in PeopleSoft within three business days of employee’s first day of employment.
- Identify incomplete paperwork and assertively communicate with managers to ensure compliance.
- Set up electronic employee personnel and I-9 folders for seasonal/wages only employees.
- Mail Fair Credit Reporting Act Letters promptly.
- Monitor intake on HRIS for Name, Marital Status and Job Data Changes. Obtain necessary documentation.
- Proactively verify employment re-authorizations.
- Track Performance Evaluations for hourly new hires.
- Assist with responding to employment verifications and wage record requests.
- Ensure sufficient HR office supplies. Maintain cleanliness and order of storage rooms/closets.
- Fulfill requests from the field for Employee Handbooks, Safety Manuals and hire packets. Assist with mailings.
- Make employee ID badges and program Corporate key cards. Administer service award program.
- Distribute HR mail promptly, answer VP phone and assist with his calendar/schedule.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous administrative experience and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Outlook. HRIS (People Soft) experience a plus.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
Physical, Mental AND Emotional Requirements
- Excellent customer service skills; must be friendly, empathetic, and cheerful at all times.
- Must be able to sit or stand at a desk and use computer and telephone for an entire workday.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English. English speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by employees in English. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. regularly, up to 35 lbs. occasionally.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be assertive, organized and detail-oriented.
- Physical presence in the Fairfax, VA office is required daily.
- Typical office equipment (computers, multi-extension phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.