We are hiring Armed Security Guards in Miami. You need to have your Federal Secret clearance and a Florida D and G license.
PLEASE NOTE: A requirement of this position is that you are a U.S. Citizen and possess a U.S. Secret clearance. You will not be considered for the position if you do not meet these requirements.
Provide 24/7 security coverage for a base.
- Be knowledgeable of all base security regulations and restrictions relative to base operations
- Perform physical security checks of all structures and areas within base boundaries on foot and by vehicle
- Respond to security incidents during normal and emergency operations
- Escort uncleared visitors and vendors and issue and/or create proper entry badges
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Possess Florida State Class ‘D’ Security Officer License and Class ‘G’ Statewide Firearm License
- Must qualify on GLOCK 9mm Pistol and Remington 870 Shotgun semi-annually
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. and valid driver’s license
- Three years’ experience in either physical security and/or service in the US military, or Associate’s degree in Security or Law enforcement field, or successful completion of police officer’s basic training academy
- Achieve and maintain all qualifications and certifications related to weapons and equipment used
- Excellent customer service skills
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must remain in good health sufficient to perform all tasks throughout entire shift, including: responding to security incidents, running, standing, walking, climbing steps, bending, reaching, and ability to withstand all types of inclement outdoor weather and temperatures
- Pass annual Physical and Drug Test and lift and push up to 75 lbs.
- Possess and maintain a Body Mass Index of no more then 34
- Retain distant visual acuity in each eye correctable to 20/30 in the better eye and 20/40 in the other, without corrective lenses interfering with ability to perform assigned duties during normal or emergency operations
- Distinguish red, green, and yellow colors
- Possess no hearing loss in the better ear greater than 30 decibels average at 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz, and 2,000 Hz, correctable with a hearing aid that does not decrease the effective performance of the individual’s assigned duties during normal or emergency operations
- Read and write work-related documents in English
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand and be understood by visitors
- Be Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Automated External Defibrillator (AED)/First Aid Certified
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- GLOCK 9mm Pistol and Remington 870 Shotgun as well as ASP Baton, OC Spray, Handcuffs, Flashlight
- Patrol Vehicle
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.