Payroll Assistant - Part Time
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
Are you looking for a new opportunity? Are you detail-oriented? Are you dependable? If your answer is yes, then this is for you!
Guest Services Inc. is hiring for a Payroll Assistant to assist the Accounting team!
SCHEDULE: Part-time, 2-3 days a week!
The Payroll Assistant assists in performing maintenance and accurate processing of the Company’s payroll; audits and processes incoming payroll data; and assists departments with applicable forms and processes.
- Key payroll adjustments, expense reimbursements, and deduction overrides.
- Count and record safe.
- Audit and enter monthly tip reports
- Update manual payroll check log.
- Update payroll adjustment log.
- Prepare envelopes for pay periods and seal checks after processing.
- File payroll documents.
- Prepare duplicate W-2’s and pay stubs as requested.
- Prepare petty cash reports periodically.
- Distribute labor distribution reports and in-house checks.
- Assist in responding to inquiries and requests from employees and all levels of management.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Work requires general knowledge of accounting or business principles and practices generally obtained through courses in an accounting or business-related field.
- 2-3 years related experience and/or formal training; working in an office environment. Competence in applying general accounting principles and coordination of major administrative functions.
- Effective communication skills. Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to problem solve.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook) required. Proficiency with PeopleSoft preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work under time constraints.
PHYSICAL ANDMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for the entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. occasionally, up to 30 lbs. seldom.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp, and manipulate objects.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.